We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health.
You may have heard that dental practices can open to routine care from Monday 8 June.
Our practice will be opening on 8th June but we just wanted to be clear that this may not be business as usual. The treatments you are offered may be different to those you received before, depending on staff and equipment available. It will take some time before services return to what you previously experienced as normal. Please be patient.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this duringyourvisitstooursurgery.Ourinfectioncontrolprocessesaremadesothatwhenyoureceive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our practice follows infection control guidelines made by the governing bodies. We are up-to-date on new guidance that has been issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions.You’ll be asked those same questions again at your appointment
- We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the practice for you to use as needed.
- We no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
How you can help:
- With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone
- A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice
- Payment should be made by card where possible
- Staff will not shake your hand
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone
- Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice
- Please do not arrive without an appointment
- Patients should come wearing a mask if possible or be prepared to wear one.
All the staff and Dentists.
Welcome to Chellaston Dental
New Services: Did You Know we now offer Dental Implants and facial aesthetics including botulinum toxin (known as Botox) and dermal fillers. We cover crows feet, forehead, cheeks, lips and can also do armpits to stop excess sweating. Click here for more information.
A very warm welcome awaits you at Chellaston Dental where our philosophy is quality dental care in a relaxed and friendly environment.
We are a family Dental Practice, established over 25 years ago, and welcome everyone from the very young to senior citizens. The aim of our practice team is to help you maintain good dental health to ensure you keep your teeth for life, with few fillings and strong healthy gums. With our preventative approach we can help you achieve this.
We can further enhance your smile by offering tooth whitening, Invisalign tooth straightening and implants.
The greatest compliment our patients can pay us is to recommend us to their family and friends.
Thin removable aligners which are almost invisible because they are clear. Invisalign can help with straightening crooked teeth or closing gaps between teeth to give you that smile you have always wanted.
This fantastic offer is open to existing and new patients. The price includes the provision of home whitening trays and 4 syringes of whitening agent (this is the usual amount necessary to whiten an upper and lower set of adult teeth). The price does not include the alteration of any restorations (fillings, crowns or veneers) that may appear darker after the teeth have been whitened.
Please feel free to contact the practice for any further information about this offer.